Significant Verdicts and Settlements:
Continued from Home Page
- Patent infringement Verdict on Behalf of Medical Device Inventor Against Manufacturer (Phase one Recovery $140 Million). Total Resulting Recovery More than $1.5 Billion.
- Hughes Aerospace Engineers Awarded $89,600,000.00 – Wrongfully Demoted And Constructively Terminated For Complaining of Racially Based Glass Ceiling.
- 86 Year Old Alzheimer Patient Defrauded by Ins. Co. Resulting in $18.5 million Fraud Verdict.
- $13,897,000.00 Award Against Homeowner’s Insurance Carrier Who Refused To Pay $100,000.00 Policy Limits to Shooting Victim’s Family.
- Families Recover $12.85MM When RV Runs Off Highway & Hits Improperly Designed Culvert.
- Arbitration Award for Medical Malpractice In The Management Of High-Risk Pregnancy And Delivery Resulting In Irreversible Brain Damage. Defendant Made No Offer To Settle.
- 52 Year Old Cancer Nurse Recovers $10,500,000.00 from Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department – Deputy Unreasonably Continued Chase Of Teenage Traffic Offender.
- 59 Year Old Attorney Awarded $10,000,000.00 From Partners Who Terminated His Partnership Employment Without Cause.
- Teenage Sons Recover $8.5 Million for Mom’s Death in Tourist Helicopter Accident.
- Developer Recovers $8.0 Million From Law Firm Who Failed To Discover And Advise Client of Development Site’s Toxic History And Expected Cleanup Cost.
- Brain Injured Teen Settles With Manufacturer And Driver – Structured Settlement Will Pay Over $50 Million Life Benefits. Present Cash Value $7.5 Million.
- Drug Chain Manager Recovers $7.359 Million in Sexual Harassment Employment Discrimination Suit Against Board Members.
- Plaintiff Was Severely Burned When Candles Ignited Clothing.
- Client Sued In Connection With Breach Of Exit Agreement And Recovered On Cross-Claims.
- Wife and Children of LAPD Officer Awarded $9 Million for Wrongful Death in Motor Vehicle Accident Caused by Unsafe Road Conditions
- 18 Year Old Driver Recovered $18 Million After Air Bag Failed to Deploy in Single Vehicle Off Road Accident
- Sons Recover $18.125 Million in Death of 53 Year Old Pilot Entrepreneur
- Dinkelman v. State of California: $12.5 million settlement for single vehicle RV accident resulting in multiple deaths and injuries caused by defective highway design.
- Tamburro v. Propaganda Films: $7 million binding mediation award for 38 year old helicopter co-pilot’s family. Pilot was killed during filming of a commercial when helicopter’s main rotor blade struck a large desert rock that primary pilot was attempting to manuver close to as directed by film crew.
- Cassim v. Allstate Ins. Co.: $8.6 million jury verdict for family whose home was damaged by fire. Allstate refused to pay insurance claim because adjuster suspected arson despite arson investigartor’s contrary findings. Family lost home and was forced into bankruptcy because of Allstate’s bad faith actions.
- Rapis v. Associated Aviation Underwriters: $4 million jury verdict against insurer for bad faith in its handling of aircraft loss. This amount was in addition to aircraft value.
- Press v. Rothstein: $3.75 million settlement for family of 52 year old passenger killed in a Bahamas pilot error crash of a single engine aircraft.
- Clifford v. Albertson Stores: $3 million jury verdict for female store manager who was sexually harassed and then retaliated against when she reported harassment to senior management.
- Hershey v. Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department: $7.25 million jury verdict for 50 year old nurse who was rear ended and crippled by teenage driver being chased by officer at speeds in excess of 80 mph.
- Kaufman v. Beech Aircraft: Confidential settlement reached after jury found liability against aircraft manufacturer based on a defective auto pilot that resulted in the death of a 52 year old department store executive. Separate settlements were reached before trial with auto pilot manufacturer and others.
- Whitney v. Bowers: Confidential settlements with apartment owner and others for 3 year old bathtub scald victim who suffered 3rd degree burns over 40% of her body because the water heater temperature was set to its maximum 180 degree setting.
Herzog, Yuhas, Ehrlich & Ardell, APC is located in Los Angeles, CA and serves clients in and around Woodland Hills, Wilmington, Harbor City, Carson, Torrance, San Pedro, Long Beach, Compton, Gardena, Paramount, Lynwood, Bellflower, South Gate, Los Angeles, Hawaiian Gardens, Artesia, Huntington Park, Cerritos, Bell, Norwalk, Maywood, Santa Fe Springs, Pico Rivera, Whittier and Los Angeles County.